Bangladesh Petroleum Institute (BPI) is the nerve centre of all research and development activities of the country’s energy sector. It caters the research needs of the country in the field of Geo-Sciences for Petroleum Exploration and development. BPI has conducted the following research / scientific studies independently and with the co-operation of similar reputed organizations of home and abroad and prepared research reports.
List of Research Reports :-
- Wells Drilled in Bangladesh, June, 1985
- Seismic re-processing of SW delta line PEP-j, June, 1989
- Seismic Interpretation report on Mobarak area, September, 1989
- Structural Interpretation report of Patharia anticline area, October, 1989
- Preliminary report on structure & tectonics of northeast Bangladeshwith special reference to the Patharia anticline, June, 1990.
- Preliminary report on structural analysis of northern part of Chittagong Hill Tracts with special reference to Shishak anticline, June, 1990
- Preliminary report on review of drilling programme of Patharia 5, September, 1990
- Structural analysis of southern part of Chittagong Hill Tracts, January 1991
- Subsurface reconstruction of Patharia and Sitapahar anticline, March 1991
- Preliminary engineering calculations- Haripur oil fields, July 1991
- Haripur Structure-Sylhet, seismic interpretation, July 1991
- The Crustal structure in Bangladesh, August 1991
- Velocity distribution in Bengal basin, Bangladesh, September
- Structural modeling of outcropping anticlines in the eastern folded belt of Bangladesh, Role Clay Diapirism-a regional synthesis.
- Resource assessment of the Kailashtial gas/condensate Field, October 1992
- Deep seismic line LRU-4 in the Lalmai-Rukhia area-Processing and interpretation
- Mineralogy and clay diagenesis of Neogene Shales from Patharia-5 Sitakund-1 wells, Eastern Folded belt, Bangladesh.
- Sedimentology and depositional environment of the BengalBasinsub-surface Neogene succession based on detail facies and electrofacies analysis : A case study of the Kailashtilla, Rashidpur and Bakhrabad structures in norteastern Bangladesh.
- Petrographic characterization of Neogene reservoir sandstones of Fenchuganj-2, Kamta-1 and Belabo-1 wells, Bangladesh.
- Mineralogical, crystalline and X-ray fabric study of the argillacious rocks of the Sitakund anticline.
- Gravity, magnetic, seismo-stratigraphic and structural characteristics of the North-EasternBengalBasin(Phase-1), June, 1997
- Stratigraphic and structural features pertinent to the tectonic ceasing phase of the SurmaBasinand Upliftment of the Madhupur tract regions of North-EasternBengalBasin. (June, 1999)
- Seismic evidences on the occurrence of hydrocarbon in the Madarganj and Sariakandi areas of Jamalpur and Bogra districts respectively, (December, 2000)
- Joint research for the Petroleum Systems in the BengalBasin. (November, 2002), (Jointly organized by BPI of Bangladeshand JGI, JAPEX and Kyoto University of Japan.
- Gravity, magnetic, seismo-stratigraphic and structural characteristics of the North -Eastern Bengal Basin (Phase-II)
- Joint study report on Petroleum systems study of Surma Basin, Bangladesh(2010) Phase-II.
- Joint study on the Petroleum systems of the Surma Basin, Bangladesh- Phase III (on going)