Governing Board :
BPI is administered by a ten membered Board of Governors (BOG) chaired by Secretary, Energy and Mineral Resources Division. BOG Provides general policy directions as and when required. The Board is composed of following members :-
- Secretary, Energy and Mineral Resources Division- Act as Chairperson of the Board.
- Additional Secretary of Finance Division
- Chairman, Petrobangla.
- Chairman, Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation.
- Director General, Directorate of Geological Survey of Bangladesh.
- A Joint Secretary, Energy and Mineral Resources Division
- A Professor of the Department of Petroleum and Mineral Resources Engineering of BUET nominated by the Government.
- Chairmen, Department of Geology of DhakaUniversitynominated by the Government.
- A representative nominated by the Geological Society of Bangladesh.
- Director General of BPI – act as member-Secretary of the Board.